Re: Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Questions and Discussion

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Jason Hamilton

Yes, you'll definitely want to make sure you're using the API names just as they're given in the doc. Adding Marketo Fields to Salesforce Enterprise/Unlimited Edition The "mkto71_..." piece is used at the start of all of the fields, but isn't just a placeholder--it's part of that API name, so be sure to include it just as it's given there. Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Thanks,

Mike

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Awesome, thats what I thought, thanks for the quick reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We would like to have any new data synced to these fields but do the backfill ourselves. The way we were anticipating doing this is to create the new fields AFTER the backfill window closes (october 1 for our group).

I normally work on the salesforce side of things, so would like some feedback on this plan, specifically:

1) By creating these fields after the window close date, will it actually block the backfill?

2) We will NOT loose any existing data in the legacy fields.

3) The new fields will receive data even if they are created on / after october 1

thanks

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Andrew Johnson

The creation of the new fields is what initiates the backfill process. There isn't any way to create the fields without immediately starting that backfill process, so as soon as you create them, it kicks off. The scheduled time for your window is the time frame for when you should create the fields. Whether you create the fields today, October 1st or July of next year (after the whole process is completed and after the data stops syncing on January 31st), whenever those fields are created, that's when the backfill begins.

If the scheduled timeframe doesn't work for you, we can reschedule you to a different group - just Contact Marketo Support and we'll be happy to work on getting you into a different group.

There won't be any loss of data at all, no matter when you recreate the fields and start the backfill process. The only thing to keep in mind is that the data will stop syncing to the existing legacy fields after January 31st.

Hope that helps! Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer at all.

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I only leverage the "Lead Source" field, do I need  still need to make this update? 

Lead Source is a native field in SFDC, so I'm confused why this field would need to be replicated.  It makes sense for the others.

Please advise.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alicia,

No, nothing to worry about. Lead source is not part of the MLM package. As you pointed out, it's a std SFDC field.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am confused on how to work this out. The fields already exist, so should i delete the fields on sales force and then recreate for Lead, Contact and Account. If there are any other fields do let me know.

Regards

Vyshak

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Vyshak Simha​,

You'll want to create the fields just on the Lead and Contact objects. No need to do it on the Account object. Once the new fields are created, that's when you'd want to uninstall the MLM package, which will in turn delete the old fields for you.

You'll only need to worry about the affected fields listed here. No others will be affected other than these ones.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

We use Lead Score in many of our Marketo campaigns. Will we need to update these Marketo campaigns to reflect the newly created Lead Score field? If so, what is the best and quickest way to see all the campaigns in our Marketo instance that uses the field "Lead Score"?

The same applies to our Salesforce workflows and formula fields. What is the best and quickest way to see all affected workflows and formula fields?

Thanks,

Hoi