SOLVED

Change the template and email is using

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the template and email is using

I was wondering if there is an easy way to change the template an email is using without directly modifying the template or creating a new email with a new template.

Basically the email template I am using has a black background and it needs to be switched to a white background but I don't want everyone to get the same communication twice.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Change the template and email is using

Hi Adriana

I would download the original HTML, modify the background HTML and replace the email HTML with the modified HTML. Your editable text areas will still be editable - the only change is that this specific email won't no longer be "attached" to the email template, which means future changes of the used email templates won't affect this particular email:

1. In the email editor, choose "Email Actions" > "HTML Tools" > "Download HTML":
    pastedImage_2.png

2. Change the background-color of the email in the HTML code and copy all the HTML code to the clipfolder
  3. In the email editor, choose "Email Actions" > "HTML Tools" > "Replace HTML"
  4. Paste your fixed/changed HTML code

Done! 🙂

Remember to save a copy of the original HTML before you replace the HTML code - just in case.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at this time, but I heard at Summit that the "swap email template" functionality is coming in a future release, along with a revamp of the email content WYSIWYG editor. The process you're following right now is probably your best bet for now though.

In the meantime, as a safeguard to preventing leads from getting the same email twice, just make sure to include a filter in your send campaign "not was sent Email 1".

Hope this helps!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Changing the Template or modifying it won't cause the email to go out again.

You can modify the template, however, this has been known to cause major problems. Do a bit of research here to see what others have done. Generally I avoid it, but it can be done with care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adriana

I would download the original HTML, modify the background HTML and replace the email HTML with the modified HTML. Your editable text areas will still be editable - the only change is that this specific email won't no longer be "attached" to the email template, which means future changes of the used email templates won't affect this particular email:

1. In the email editor, choose "Email Actions" > "HTML Tools" > "Download HTML":
    pastedImage_2.png

2. Change the background-color of the email in the HTML code and copy all the HTML code to the clipfolder
  3. In the email editor, choose "Email Actions" > "HTML Tools" > "Replace HTML"
  4. Paste your fixed/changed HTML code

Done! 🙂

Remember to save a copy of the original HTML before you replace the HTML code - just in case.

Hi Adriana,

one of the multiple issues that frustrate users daily. See here : Just do it! Marketo so-called minor missing features

and also, vote here:

-Greg