SOLVED

Re: Change the default Unsubscribe token

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Then create a redirect rule, so that the unsubscribePage.html only shows only transiently.

-Greg

marija_Milanova
Level 2

Hi Gregoire,

I'm having an issue with those links. The old pref center link was named /preference-center, and I changed it to preference-center-old, and named the new LP with /preference-center. I also have a redirect rule /UnsubscribePage to go to the new LP /preference-center, but when I click Unsubscribe in the emails, it somehow leads me back to /preference-center-old URL. Has someone gotten this issue or am I doing something wrong? Dan Stevens.Grégoire Michel

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marija Milanova ,

Double check how the redirect is set. If you think it's correct, get to support.

read The comprehensive guide to setting up the unsubscribe link

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dan,

I'm currently working on the same project. All I did was create a rule in the admin landing page section to redirect leads from the default unsubscribe page to my new subscription center page. You don't have to change anything and works seamlessly.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Mike - i'm aware of this approach.  But ultimately, the URL resolves to the unsubscribe one.  I was just hoping that Support could assist with in changing where the token resolves to when using a subscription center.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Justin,

With all due respect, making the emails operational is really not an advice I would give, as it will make all the emails to ignore whether leads have unsubscribed or not

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jean-Pascal,

If you use a fixed URL, do not forget to append ?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK## at the end of it.

-Greg

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Hi Gregoire,

I have had some issues with our unsubscribe page recently, when we changed from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. For a little while, people were visiting the unsub page, clicking unsubscribe, but it was not changing their record in MKTO, and they were being sent emails.

The set up:

• I changed the unsubscribe snippet hyperlink to the unsubscribe page on our Drupal site, so it now reads:

https://www.worldanimalprotection.org.au/unsubscribe?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##" class="mktNoTrack" target="_blank"&sid={{lead.id:default=0}}&stk={{lead.wap_Secure token:default=0}}

• On that unsubscribe page I created a web form that linked to our MKTO via API.
  • In MKTO I created a program that listened for people filling in the form, with change data value {unsubscribe} new value = TRUE in the flow.
  • When the website was transitioned from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 everything seemed ok, until we started getting complaints that emails were still being sent to people.

Looking through your instructions I see that this is different in that you recommend setting up a new landing page in the MKTO domain. Is this a necessity? Will the appended URL work for the third party page and form?

Thanks,

Lucas