Change default Munchkin init bahavior

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change default Munchkin init bahavior

According to the docs, the Munchkin code by default sends a visitWebSite activity. Here is the quote from Lead Tracking (Munchkin) » Marketo Developers :

The default behavior of Marketo Munchkin is to do the following on page load:

1. Check to see if the current browser has a Munchkin cookie and create one if it is not there.
  2. Send a "Visit Web Page" event to the designated Marketo instance using the information from the current page and browser.  This records an activity to the corresponding record in Marketo.
  3. Send "Clicked Link on Web Page" event for any user clicks that occur on links.

Is there a way to disable #2 from happening automatically?  I want to programmatically send the information.

I also want to disable #3 from occurring though not as important. It doesn't seem like "disableClickDelay" will do what i need.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Change default Munchkin init bahavior

#3 is done by adding the class "mchNoDecorate" to your links.

#2 is more complex, but it's one of the features of my Munchkin high-performance adapter. You can contact me for more info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Change default Munchkin init bahavior

Thanks!  I'm a little new to Marketo Nation and I don't see an easy way to contact you.  Maybe you could ping me on the system?

For #2, maybe you could describe at a high level how you prevent the visitWebPage activity from happening?