SOLVED

Re: Change button color once all required fields are filled

Go to solution
Nancy_Casler1
Level 2

Change button color once all required fields are filled

Our web team's new UX specs call for the form submit button to change color once all required fields are filled out. Test LP is here: https://info.gepower.com/WF_2020_GE-Power_Web-CUF_Main-Web-CUF-LP-Test.html. Is there a way to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Good point, Jo.

P.S. Covering all the bases with this particular behavior also means incorporating the Marketo validation rules using the Forms JS API, since "filled out" doesn't necessarily mean "valid" and the UX requirement surely means valid.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

You need to write a JS script and add onblur events on all fields and then create a function to check if all fields have been filled or not. Call this function on each field onblur event and validate the field. If all fields have the data then change the color of your button. Let me know if you need help with Script. 

Thanks

Harish Gupta
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Harish_Gupta6 wrote:

You need to write a JS script and add onblur events on all fields and then create a function to check if all fields have been filled or not. Call this function on each field onblur event and validate the field. If all fields have the data then change the color of your button. Let me know if you need help with Script. I will write it for you.

Thanks

@Harish_Gupta6 - this is probably treading over the line as far as community guidelines go.  You aren't allowed to solicit work IIRC.  You are allowed to demonstrate expertise by offering up ideas that may make people come to you for work.

SanfordWhiteman

Good point, Jo.

P.S. Covering all the bases with this particular behavior also means incorporating the Marketo validation rules using the Forms JS API, since "filled out" doesn't necessarily mean "valid" and the UX requirement surely means valid.

Nancy_Casler1
Level 2

I'm sure that they do mean for the field fills to be valid as a prerequisite for the color change. I would definitely need help with the javascript for this. I'll check with our web team to see if they can help with it. Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

They'd have a very, very hard time getting this right without understanding the Marketo Forms 2.0 API.

But lucky for you, I decided to get this ready for an official Products blog post, so they don't have to!

Code from here: https://codepen.io/figureone/pen/eYJxBKv

Recording of the form in action. As you can see, the style changes based on the validity of the fields, not merely whether they are empty or not, which wouldn't cover enough cases:

validity_check.gif

SanfordWhiteman

Mentioning @Nancy_Casler1 in case you didn't see my earlier response...

Tags (1)
Nancy_Casler1
Level 2

I actually DID miss that, thanks so much for flagging Sandy! I really appreciate you putting this together . I'll pass this along to them, I'm sure they'll be happy to have it. Should I wait to mark this as the solution until they confirm that they used it and it's working?

SanfordWhiteman

Should I wait to mark this as the solution until they confirm that they used it and it's working?

I don't think you ned to wait. 🙂 You can test it yourself in the Pen!

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

@Jo_Pitts1  I may have written it in the wrong way (Audited my reply) but the intention is to help each other. Not all the people in the community have good hands-on experience with Marketo Forms API so we are just trying to help others and not doing any treading. I haven't asked them to send me a private message so I can help them personally. I even shared the idea with them and mentioned if they need help with the script then I can help them. Many people postcode on the posts in the community and try to help each other. The community is to help each other, I am not here to do the business. Hope you understand my point here and thanks for raising this. 

Harish Gupta