SOLVED

Change SFDC ID on Marketo Records

Go to solution
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Change SFDC ID on Marketo Records

We have a situation, due to duplicates and merging and such, where we have a record in Marketo that is associated with a record in SFDC, but that SFDC record has "deleted in Marketo" as true, meaning that it no longer syncs back to Marketo. As a result, we need to sync those Marketo records with different SFDC records (i.e., its duplicate). Is it possible to somehow run batches to make those changes, or is that something that Marketo can do on the backend if we provide a list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Change SFDC ID on Marketo Records

Hi Jeff,

This is not possible. Marketo is working on a way to unsync Marketo from SFDC, which would erase all the ID's. They are also working on some API that would enable to "unsync" a specific record, but this is not available yet (I happen to participate in this project).

Contact your support, but it's unlikely this can be done.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would normally not recommend this. Usually when I modify SFDC ID it's because of this scenario:

Record was deleted in SFDC, still exists in Marketo, but when you attempt to re-sync it, SFDC causes and error. In this case, you must erase SFDC ID in Marketo and then re-sync.

In your scenario, the record should re-sync if you force it to, however, it will likely create a dupe in SFDC. Once you do that, then you can merge them.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jeff,

This is not possible. Marketo is working on a way to unsync Marketo from SFDC, which would erase all the ID's. They are also working on some API that would enable to "unsync" a specific record, but this is not available yet (I happen to participate in this project).

Contact your support, but it's unlikely this can be done.

-Greg

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Thank you both! That's good to know that something may be in the works.