SOLVED

Re:  Change ID and NAME of the html form fields

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change ID and NAME of the html form fields

Hi,

I want to change the ID and NAME of a Marketo form field, this is because we have external forms that have 'standard' names and ids due an integration we have set up. But I couldn't find where to do this, any help please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Raul,

We have forms created in our CMS

You mean Marketo forms embedded in your CMS or Forms created with your CMS that integrate in the background with Marketo? Or both, and the 2 systems are not using the same field names and ID's?

If my understanding is correct, why is it that you are mixing CMS forms and and Marketo ones?

What is sure is that you will not be able to change Marketo field names / ids. So either you can do it in your CMS, or you will have to write some code to remove Marketo forms, and hide them behind your CMS forms.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Change ID and NAME of the html form fields

Hi Raul,

Not sure I understand what you want to do here. Marketo form fields are in fact Marketo database fields and their name cannot be changed.

Can you provide more explanations about what yo are trying to do?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

We have an integration with Demandbase, we have forms created in our CMS, Marketo ones, and other source. This integration can pre-fill some fields based on IP, Email domain and the Company name, but to be able to enable this funtionality, all forms must have the same fields (done), but the fields must have the same id, name and values (picklists) so the integration can do it no matter the form who calls it.

Regards,

Raúl

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Raul,

We have forms created in our CMS

You mean Marketo forms embedded in your CMS or Forms created with your CMS that integrate in the background with Marketo? Or both, and the 2 systems are not using the same field names and ID's?

If my understanding is correct, why is it that you are mixing CMS forms and and Marketo ones?

What is sure is that you will not be able to change Marketo field names / ids. So either you can do it in your CMS, or you will have to write some code to remove Marketo forms, and hide them behind your CMS forms.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

CMS forms not related with Marketo, but as you say, if there is no way to change the html in Marketo for Ids or Names, I'll have to search for a different workaround.

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

...there is no way to change the html in Marketo for Ids or Names, I'll have to search for a different workaround.

Raul, Greg went over this perfectly, but for later searches I wanted to to comment on your point here.

It's not that you can't change the HTML ids or names exactly. Although that's one way to explain it, it's more like: you can't change the names of SOAP fields in Marketo. It actually doesn't matter what a form looks like. You can change names + ids from their visible values before posting the form; you can build a totally bespoke form-like thing (not recommended) that doesn't have any inputs, ids or names at all! But the point is that the data that goes on the wire to Marketo needs to use names Marketo knows. Otherwise there's no way for Marketo to know what field you're trying to update. (And there's no such thing as an "import alias" here.)