Re: Change CNAME

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change CNAME

If we change our Primary CNAME do we need to 'reactivate' our DKIM with Marketo?
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great question, making a comment so I can find out the answer too!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin,
DKIM is not dependent on CNAMEs. You will only have to reactivate DKIM if the domain in the From Address of your emails has changed. 

For example, if you used to send from @domain1.com and now send from @domain2.com, you will want to activate DKIM for domain2.com.

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok our company domain is changing not our CNAMEs, those are staying the same.  So looks like i will have to reactivate.  we are going from www.company.com to www.newcompany.com.  So all of our from emails will be changing too.  marketing@company.com to marketing@newcompany.com.

Thanks for the help Will.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question.  Do you know what information I need to put in the ticket to support to have them activate the DKIM?  I was not here when the company first started using Marketo.  Do you have any other information you think would be helpful in making our domain change?  SOmething I may not have thought of?

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin,
Once the DKIM key is put on your new domain, just make sure to put your new domain in the support ticket. We can handle the rest.

For more information on domain changes, reveiw this article if you have not: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L9j1CAC

I would make sure that you set up your old landing page CNAME as a domain alias so your old links will still work.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Will, can you create an alias with a different domain name.  so when i go to enter a new domain alias, i would put the old domain in there?  Old domain for landing pages = info.oldcompany.com, and the fallback page could be the new domain?  I am a little confused on how that works.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds just about right! You would want to put info.oldcompany.com as the new domain alias. 

If someone tries to go to a page on info.oldcompany.com that does not exist, such as info.oldcompany.com/badpage.html, Marketo will redirect them to the fallback page. Common fallback pages that people use are a 404 page or your home page. 

Does that make sense?

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOT IT!  Thanks for helping me clarify that!  Really appreciate it.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

this is a related questions
we are also changing our domain from www.enkata.com to www.uptick.com but i wanted to still have both cname options for landing pages as we will still have a product under the other company name

so we now have marketing.enkata.com and i want to add marketing.uptick.com

if i do this will i have a choice of which cname URL i want a landing page to use each time i create a new one.

or can we only have marketing.uptick.com be our LP URLs  if we make that our master domain/cname in landing page settings?  if this is true then why would you set up a second cname and how would you use it?

thanks to anyone who can help!

Trish