SOLVED

Re: Catching Bounces

Go to solution
Fernando_Lysco
Level 2

Catching Bounces

I am setting up a program like Joe Reitz teachs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2PIwyXH748), but my doubt is:

When editing the settings of the campaign, in the Schedule tab, in Edit Qualification Rules prompt, in the options of Run Each Person Through the campaign flow options:
Only one
Once Every (set time)
or
Every time

Which option should I use and why?

1.jpg2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have to consider what you're triggering on here. You're not triggering on every 10th bounce. You're triggering on any bounce that has at least 9 previous bounces.

Therefore if you let the person run through Every Time, without any other constraints, they will also qualify on their 11th, 12th, and 13th bounce, etc.

So while One Time is wrong because people can easily exceed the soft bounce threshold multiple times (while receiving emails in-between) the answer isn't simply to switch to Every Time. You also need to reset, or implicitly reset, the bounce counter.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You want to let them be added to the list again (after being added and then removed). Hence Every Time... *but* it's also critical that you prevent them from being re-added if their Email Address has just changed. The more appropriate setup is more complex.
Fernando_Lysco
Level 2

I would like to add them to a list I created and keep them there until I decide to remove them or have another action.

Should I use the "Every time" option?

SanfordWhiteman

You have to consider what you're triggering on here. You're not triggering on every 10th bounce. You're triggering on any bounce that has at least 9 previous bounces.

Therefore if you let the person run through Every Time, without any other constraints, they will also qualify on their 11th, 12th, and 13th bounce, etc.

So while One Time is wrong because people can easily exceed the soft bounce threshold multiple times (while receiving emails in-between) the answer isn't simply to switch to Every Time. You also need to reset, or implicitly reset, the bounce counter.