Capture Query Parameter data field

Morgan_Corbett
Level 3

Capture Query Parameter data field

Is there a way to find the "query parameter" history?

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 2.48.09 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Capture Query Parameter data field

What do you mean by "history" exactly?  As you show here, the query string is stored alongside various activities, so if you use the Activity API you can go backwards and see older activities.

Morgan_Corbett
Level 3

Since we weren't able to accurately track the UTMs (from our previous discussion), I want to update our paid advertising programs in Marketo to give credit to the paid advertising touch points.

Thanks!

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Alright I see, well if it's just your paid advertising campaigns, can't you run a batch campaign with the filters:

Visited Website (any or insert your landing page) + Constraint Querystring contains (add your utm_campaign)

Filled out form (if you want to measure conversion on a form, probably also use constraint for the LP and a constraint for the date interval)

Then in the flow change program status for the paid advertising program.

This also all depends on how many leads you have, but if you put strict filters you should be able to get this retroactively. Just make sure to check a sample of activity logs to make sure it's good before running the batch campaign.

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Hi Morgan,

It all depends what you want to get out, you can technically use a Smart List filter for visited web page with a constraint for "Querystring contains..." if you need to get something very specific out.

What I would recommend is setting up is some sort of tracking for UTM parameters on form level with hidden fields if you need to see this on content/form level. I wrote up something before about this kind of solution, although it all depends on what you need (and this isn't a retroactive solution of course): First, Last and Multi Touch attribution for UTM parameters and auto tagging emails

/Erik