Cannot find "custom" in the list of services when creating a custom service for REST API access

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot find "custom" in the list of services when creating a custom service for REST API access

I want to try out the Marketo REST API, and have been following the steps outlined on the blog post about getting started with the REST API.  Unfortunately, I'm stuck.  When I try to create the service that I will link to my API account, the blog post indicates I should select "custom" in the Service list on the New Service dialog, however there is no option called "custom".  Can anyone tell me why I am not able to see "custom" in that list or suggest how I might go about getting "custom" added to that list?

Thanks!

Kirk out.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot find "custom" in the list of services when creating a custom service for REST API access

Are you on Spark edition by any chance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot find "custom" in the list of services when creating a custom service for REST API access

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the very fast reply. I just found out that yes, we do have the Spark edition.  Since you asked the question, does that mean that we don't get API access with that edition?

Thanks,

Kirk out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my understanding is that you need to be on Standard to get access to the API.