Re: Cannot find SFDC Campaigns in Marketo

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Cannot find SFDC Campaigns in Marketo

Hi,

It seems like I can't ever access from Marketo, campaigns that were created in Salesforce. But when I create the SFDC campaigns from a Marketo program, it works. 

For example, I created a campaign in SFDC, but Marketo programs or smart campaign flows don't see that campaign, I can't find it in Marketo. However, if I create a SFDC campaign from a Marketo program, then other programs or smart campaigns can find that campaign.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? It's a bit frustrating that SFDC campaigns created in SFDC aren't synched to Marketo. I already checked Adming > SFDC and they are synching properly. This has been an ongoing issue for us.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks

-Leticia

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sounds like an ownership and permissions issue. Ensure the Mkto sync user can see these separately created campaigns.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Thanks Sanford! Is that the API user?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The SFDC user you use to connect from Marketo (which doesn't need to be a dedicated user, though should be).

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Also make sure your campaigns have the "Active" checkbox checked.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

In addition to what others have said (visibility to integration user + "Active" status), it's possible your firm has custom sync rules that prevent certain things from syncing. Sometimes this is as simple as a boolean "Marketo Eligible" on contacts or campaigns, etc. Look into that too!