SOLVED

Cannot add user

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot add user

Hi all,

I'm getting this issue with trying to add a user that looks like has never been in the system and is NOT in the list of users. But Marketo is saying that "this userid is in use. choose another email"

Has anyone had this issue before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Cannot add user

I don't think there is an easy solution. A friend of mine has his email address as a login in some Marketo instance he has no longer access to. Therefore he can't use that email address for any other Marketo instance.

Either you identify that instance and a person that can delete you there, or you might try your luck with Marketo Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sounds like a bug.

Unless you have had another instance of marketo at your company. That has happened to our team, we've had multiple marketo instances due to mergers and acquisitions, and have had to use different versions of our email address.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Have them try logging in with that user and resetting their password if needed, and then see whose instance of Marketo they are in
Also, if you have a sandbox make sure it's not already in use there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same error even though deleted the user from sandbox environment.

This userid is in use. Choose another email

But same user can have account in multiple instances.

Like I can have my account in both sandbox and prod instance. Is Universal ID used for such needs ?

Thanks

saakshi
Level 1

Hey... did you find a solution for this ??? 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I don't think there is an easy solution. A friend of mine has his email address as a login in some Marketo instance he has no longer access to. Therefore he can't use that email address for any other Marketo instance.

Either you identify that instance and a person that can delete you there, or you might try your luck with Marketo Support.