Re: Cancel a wait step - abandoned cart issues

Thomas_Vanommes
Level 1

Cancel a wait step - abandoned cart issues

Hi guys

I'm looking for a solution to cancel a campaign that is in a wait step.

Use case: I want to send an abandoned cart mail. But only the most recent version of my cart needs to trigger a mail.

A person can have an abandoned cart mail in the wait step. At that moment, another abandoned cart object is pushed to Marketo. I want to cancel the current wait step & activate the most recent abandoned cart.

The data that I want to use in the abandoned cart mail is in an custom object "interaction". Different interactions are pushed to Marketo (request a brochure, showroom visit,...).

The glitch in this is that everything needs to be done in one trigger smart campaign, because I need the triggerobject to show the products & back to cart link in my email.

Currently I have this as a trigger:

pastedImage_1.png

And this as a flow:

pastedImage_2.png

Any suggestions or another solution?

Thanks

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

"Cancel a Wait Step" == "Remove from Campaign"

Run a batch to remove people currently waiting.

Thomas_Vanommes
Level 1

Dear Sanford

I can't run a batch campaign. If I run a batch campaign, both abandoned carts for 1 user will be deleted. I need the new cart object to cancel the old one that is in the wait step.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You cannot maintain one wait, and remove other wait(s), for the same lead + campaign.

Abandoned carts are always better done using batches for this reason, so you only create objects for the latest (i.e. the cart you want to remind people about) and you also don't have a wait step because the act of uploading is also the trigger to send.