SOLVED

Can you set up a form for customer event registration that is not linked to SFDC?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you set up a form for customer event registration that is not linked to SFDC?

I would like to use a Marketo form to capture customer registration details for an event, then change the progression status to 'Registered' and send me an alert. However for fields like 'Please choose option 1, 2 or 3' or anything where I dont require the info in SFDC I do not want to have to add a hidden field in SFDC in order for a field to be avaliable in Marketo for this information to be stored and an alert sent. 

The perfect senario would be for the form to capture the information in itself and send me the alert (using an option in the form builder), then change the progression status. The progression status can be linked to the status in a SFDC  campaign but the invite is going out to customers and we already have all the contact information we need so the information going into the form doesnt need to be added to a field in Salesforce.

Is there any way this can be done? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you set up a form for customer event registration that is not linked to SFDC?

Charlie,

You can create the custom fields in Marketo and they will NOT pass info to SFDC. And those fields will not be in SFDC either.

Go to

1. Admin>Field Management>New Custom Field
  2. Choose String (in most cases)
  3. Wait a few minutes
  4. Edit your Form to add the new field(s). You will need to add the Values your leads will select from. There's a list of form instructions here: http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketo-form-instructions-164/
  5. Re-approve your page
  6. Test

If you did not want to sync the leads entirely, just make sure the leads don't qualify for whatever sync process you've setup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you set up a form for customer event registration that is not linked to SFDC?

Charlie,

You can create the custom fields in Marketo and they will NOT pass info to SFDC. And those fields will not be in SFDC either.

Go to

1. Admin>Field Management>New Custom Field
  2. Choose String (in most cases)
  3. Wait a few minutes
  4. Edit your Form to add the new field(s). You will need to add the Values your leads will select from. There's a list of form instructions here: http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketo-form-instructions-164/
  5. Re-approve your page
  6. Test

If you did not want to sync the leads entirely, just make sure the leads don't qualify for whatever sync process you've setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh! I have been searching for a solution to this problem for ages! Just tested it out and it works perfectly. Much appreciated! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear it!