SOLVED

Can you set a maximum number for how many leads can go through an email send program? (not a smart campaign flow, but a mailbox email send program)

Go to solution
Nathan_Youmans
Level 2

Can you set a maximum number for how many leads can go through an email send program? (not a smart campaign flow, but a mailbox email send program)

Can you set up a limit for how many leads can run through an email send program? Not a smart campaign but a mailbox email send. This would be to restrict users from accidentally sending to large numbers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can you set a maximum number for how many leads can go through an email send program? (not a smart campaign flow, but a mailbox email send program)

As Devraj and Keith point out, there's no separate restriction available.

If you're desperate to get a handle on this from an audit-trail standpoint, you could use a webhook to count the recipients of (already-out-the-door) campaigns by triggering on Was Sent Email  and sending an alert if you see the Nth occurrence. The only catch is that you wouldn't want to set the limit very high, because webhooks themselves shouldn't be called at very high volume. If the limit is, say, 10-20K that would be fine, and you'd get the earliest possible warning.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can you set a maximum number for how many leads can go through an email send program? (not a smart campaign flow, but a mailbox email send program)

Hey Nathan,

The smart campaign restriction will also apply to an email send program. But regarding the email send program restriction, there is currently nothing that I am aware of other than building a static list and adding the defined number of users to the list prior to send.

Is there a reason you want the campaign limit to differ from the email send limit?

Let me know your thoughts here.

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

Nathan_Youmans
Level 2

Hey Keith - are you sure the smart campaign limit will also apply to an email send program? If so, you'd have to make that change at the master admin level for every email send program that would exceed that limit. That is my question, is there a different place at the admin level to restrict the # that can run through an email send program.

Keith_Nyberg2

Hey Nathan

The email program is still actioning smart campaigns behind the scenes, so as I mentioned, restrictions to smart campaigns limits apply to email program sends as well. This limit is set in the Admin console. Unfortunately there is not a separate place to set a limit specific to email.

Keith_Nyberg2

Maybe submit this as an Idea if its something you need. Also interested in the use case of wanting these to differ because we keep our limit set to 50,000 records. I argue that we should never be editing more records than that at any given time or emailing that large of an audience because if we are, we really need to do a better job of segmenting. I also view our limits to be higher than needed.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Nathan,

I do not believe this is possible. If, for example, the smart list in the email program qualifies 100 people, the email send will send to those 100 (assuming none are blocked). After the program has initiated, you can't run the program again. So there are limits to running the program again, but no limits to how many can qualify. You will need to modify the smart list in the email program.

I would suggest just having a smart campaign send the email, then you can use a combination of random sample and smart campaign limits to limit the member size.

Nathan_Youmans
Level 2

Got it. So there is no functionality similar to the "Smart Campaign Restrictions" limit to abort a smart campaign but for the email send programs. Correct?

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Correct, there is no functionality similar to smart campaign restrictions for email send programs.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As Devraj and Keith point out, there's no separate restriction available.

If you're desperate to get a handle on this from an audit-trail standpoint, you could use a webhook to count the recipients of (already-out-the-door) campaigns by triggering on Was Sent Email  and sending an alert if you see the Nth occurrence. The only catch is that you wouldn't want to set the limit very high, because webhooks themselves shouldn't be called at very high volume. If the limit is, say, 10-20K that would be fine, and you'd get the earliest possible warning.