Re: Can you set a form to go directly to the thank you page if it's a known visitor?

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Can you set a form to go directly to the thank you page if it's a known visitor?

Hello,

I just started using Marketo so I'm probably just missing something very basic, but my search hasn't turned up anything so far. I have a form that redirects to different thank you pages based on the UTMs.  Is there a way to bypass the form and go directly to the defined thank you page if the visitor is known?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Can you set a form to go directly to the thank you page if it's a known visitor?

So you want, for example, a cookied lead who clicks a link that should go to a landing page... to skip the landing page and go straight to the thank you page?

In your form settings, change settings for known visitors to custom HTML

pastedImage_0.png

There you can add <script>window.location="//redirect.page.com"</script>

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Jay,

I am assuming this still requires the user to "submit" the form?

Thanks

Floyd

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I am assuming this still requires the user to "submit" the form?

No, Jay's code bypasses the need to submit the form, because as soon as the KV HTML is rendered (note: not as soon as the page is fetched, though presumably this part is acceptable) the browser will take them to the new location.

The problem is it ignores the UTM part.

SanfordWhiteman

The goal is to honor the Add Choice options in the Advanced Thank You URL setup, so this will not work.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Right, missed the "defined thank you page" part. Try adding this instead:
<script>

MktoForms2.whenReady(function (form) {    form.submit();   });

</script>

SanfordWhiteman

Won't work, please test before posting.

1. Hidden field Auto-Fill does not work when KV HTML is enabled.

2. Forms 2.0 JS library submit() does not work when KV HTML is enabled, you need to programmatically click() the button.

Both of these gaps must be patched before the goals can be met.

For 2. the KV HTML code is:

{{form.Button:default=Auto-submit}}

<script>

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

var formEl = form.getFormElem()[0],

submitEl = formEl.querySelector(".mktoButton");

submitEl.click();

});

</script>

For 1. you need to use substitute Auto-Fill logic like this: MktoForms2 :: KV HTML w/Auto-Fill v1.0.3

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

So... use forms api to add utms as hidden fields, you'll nee to get the values from a cookie or url parameter with some additional javascript.

automatically submit the form on known visitor load

MktoForms2.whenReady(function (form) {   
form.addHiddenFields({"utm_content":utm_content,"utm_source":utm_source,"utm_campaign":utm_campaign,"utm_medium":utm_medium,"utm_term":utm_term});

form.submit();

});

EDIT: use the click hack Sanford mentions above

SanfordWhiteman

Please read my post again. You still can't use the Forms API submit() from KV HTML.

I already encountered and solved this problem years ago, that's why there's a CodePen out there with fully working code.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Kana,

I am sure you could accomplish this via java scripting, however I am wondering on the use case.

In Marketo you can actually set up your form to show a custom html but still allow the customer to submit the form but not required to fill in the form details. You would capture the UTM in the form via hidden fields via the referral param or UTM param and show different thank you pages when they submit the form.

pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps

Floyd