SOLVED

Can you move and rename folders and programs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you move and rename folders and programs

Hi All,

Simple question here. I have inherited a Marketo Instance and one of the tasks I will need to complete is to tidy things up.

My question is can you move and rename folders and programs without effecting their performance, or breaking them?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Can you move and rename folders and programs

Hi again Matthew,

OK, so sure, you can change names and move things without breaking references (in fact, each element in Marketo has a ID that is not it's name).

Nevertheless, having many cross program references is not a good practice, not because of references that could be broken, but because it makes it harder to understand and to maintain.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Matthew,

• You can rename folder in right-clicking them in the left tree pane.
  • You can mode folders and programs by drag and drop
  • You can rename program and non-empty folders through right-clicking it's name on the right pane

I strongly suggest that you get some training

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg, I must have framed my question wrong.

I understand that this can be done. I have had training and I have asked this question twice before. Before I Start to move things I wanted to reconfirm if referencing is broken by renaming things.

I don't know how the back end and referencing system works.

Thanks

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Matthew,

OK, so sure, you can change names and move things without breaking references (in fact, each element in Marketo has a ID that is not it's name).

Nevertheless, having many cross program references is not a good practice, not because of references that could be broken, but because it makes it harder to understand and to maintain.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg,

Perfect.. I am being overly cautious. I appreciate the advice.

Cheers

Matt