Re: Can you filter on a portion of a Marketo Program Name, i.e. Marketo Program Name "contains" xyz?

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

Can you filter on a portion of a Marketo Program Name, i.e. Marketo Program Name "contains" xyz?

Can you filter on a portion of a Marketo Program Name, i.e. Marketo Program Name "contains" xyz?  I am trying to work out our scoring from a Marketo instance I have adopted, where they already have a lot of processes in place.  As such, I thought I would be able to parse out all programs that have for instance "xyz" in the name in order to score the lead with a particular score worthy of the xyz characteristic.  For some reason, i thought there was a field named "Marketo Program Name" but in our instance, at some point this was typed as an integer.  I have since changed the type to "string" BUT I don't know how to populate this with the Marketo Program Name or if this content is already in another field?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can you filter on a portion of a Marketo Program Name, i.e. Marketo Program Name "contains" xyz?

My gut reaction to your post is "Huh?"

For the Program Status is Changed trigger you certainly can use the [contains] constraint.

There isn't a native Lead-level field named Marketo Program Name, for good reason because Leads don't belong to only one program. You could use a SC to set a text field, which would be better termed Last Program with Changed Status or suchlike.

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

So, I thought I had used some field to parse out info from the field name.  Was "Campaign Name" such a field?  I just am confused by how I've done it in the past for creating a smart campaign with "Lead Source Sub-Type" attribution, since our company has this field, which is a subcategory for the Lead Source, which can be ascertained from the Campaign Name/Marketo Program Name, i.e. if the Name contains "XYZ", we can assign Lead Source Sub-Type=XYZ sub-type category.  BUT, our company has replaced Campaign Name with a very specific company generic name, so in this case, we can't use that field for my purposes.  I was wondering IF this field, Campaign Name does initially capture this info, i.e. the program/campaign name, could I assign that first to a newly created field called Last Marketo Program Name (like you suggested), prior to them overwriting this field with a custom text field for this company's purposes.  I am not sure as to the history behind them replacing Campaign Name with NOT the Marketo Campaign Name, other than them saying it was very confusing to the SFDC users, since it's different nomenclature in SF vs Marketo.  Thanks for your insight here.

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

I believe i have this figured out.  I had used the Program token {{program.name}} to populate 2 fields with each campaign, Original Campaign (if empty) and Recent Campaign.  Then i used these fields to work with.  Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you would have to have already pushed this data to a flat field, there's no built-in flat field because Campaigns and Programs are very much many-to-one.