SOLVED

Re: Can you change a template of a landing page?

Go to solution
John_Wallace
Level 4

Can you change a template of a landing page?

Hi, I was wondering if you could change a template of a landing page to a different one.  i am testing some functionaliy locally and do not want to mess with what is being used in production.  Ideally I just need to clone the original template and point it to my landing pages that I am devloping  currently.  Thanks

-John
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

If you edit and approve a template that is used by landing pages, it will create drafts of those landing pages so you can preview them before accepting the changes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

If you edit and approve a template that is used by landing pages, it will create drafts of those landing pages so you can preview them before accepting the changes.
John_Wallace
Level 4

HI Justin, I was looking to clone a template  and change the templates of already existing landing pages to the new template.  so right now no landing pages are using the template I want to use
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had to do this a few times and to my knowledge there isn't an easy way to switch the template of a landing page in the way you described. I believe you have to clone the landing page and select the new template when you create the new version of the landing page.

To keep the same URL, you have to edit the old landing page URL (selecting the "throw away old URL" option) then update the URL of the new page with the desired address.

If there is a faster way to do this, I would love to know!

This process could be prohibitively time-consuming for many landing pages, so editing the old template and re-approving your landing pages, as described by Justin above, would be the most efficient way to proceed.
John_Wallace
Level 4

Hey Thanks Doug