Can you cc someone on an Marketo email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you cc someone on an Marketo email?

We are using a trial model and we have a section where you can add someone to the trial.  This email address is being captured in SFDC and Marketo.  Is there a way to use that field as a token to send then email to that field (token)email address?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Can you cc someone on an Marketo email?

So what you might be able to do, is utilize the "Send Alert" flow action and drop the email address in via a lead token into the "Other Emails" section (e.g. {{lead.Other Email}} ). I've never tried this and it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't work--you'd have to ask support about that.

Alternatively, you could do this through the API, though that gets a little technical.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you use Matt's idea (and I'm still not sure it would work), one thing to keep in mind is that alerts with a lead token in the "Other Emails" section will only work for triggered campaigns - not batch campaigns. Not sure if this is a batch email, or something to follow up on a specific action that someone has taken.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt's idea does work but does not provide reporting. 

We've had some challenges around sending an email to a 2nd email address- Marketo seems to not have a solution for this at the moment.