Re: Can you accept payment through a Marketo form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you accept payment through a Marketo form?

I'm creating a form and would like to add an option for the user to submit payment. I'm not aware of this existing in Marketo functionality but are there any workarounds or plug-ins?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, it is possible to use (for one example I've already used in prod) the Chargify API together with webhooks to ensure that a lead has paid for a product or service before taking further action in Marketo.

Whether Marketo is the best point of entry for such stuff is majorly debatable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate your feedback!

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Hi Sanford,

Just wanted confirmation that there is no out-of-the-box functionality (in Marketo) that lets someone submit a payment via a Marketo form and that this is really only doable using a third party service in combination and the webhooks tool? Also, why is it "majorly debatable?"

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Kerlin
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no out-of-the-box function.

Debatable because:

• You must run https:// on the LP that hosts the form (which frankly you should be doing anyway, but even more so with a form like this). This costs $.
  • Even if the transaction itself is made secure (so financial info can't be compromised) Marketo itself does not have a true login process, so if you're granting access, for example, to a protected area based on a person having paid, you have to remember that someone else can -- accidentally or maliciously -- impersonate that person.

That said, if the form is used to transport information to another system, and that other system has a secure login, then the whole thing can be made to work. It's just a very, very uncommon application of Marketo forms (then again, most people don't push forms as far as they could/should).