Can we trigger an email alert to the opportunity owner in SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we trigger an email alert to the opportunity owner in SFDC?

We're trying to set up an email alert that triggers off of an active opportunity visiting our website.

The tricky part is, we want the email alert to go to the opportunity owner- and opportunity owner is not always the same as account owner in our SFDC instance.

We thought about creating an "opportunity owner email" token to be used in the "send alert" flow step, the problem is; in order for that to work in Marketo, the opportunity owner email address field would need to live in the contact table in SFDC and it doesn't seem like that's possible.

Has anyone ever set up an email alert that was sent to the opportunity owner email? Any ideas/suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can we trigger an email alert to the opportunity owner in SFDC?

You can definitely add Opp Owner Email to the Contact object. Just setup a lookup field that drops that value in there for the most recent Opp. Then Marketo can see that as a token. Remeber to leave the actual value as text, not the formula otherwise Marketo might see useless code.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to bump this old thread, but we are trying to accomplish this with our Interesting Moment alerts also.. Any more details into completing this would be greatly appreciated..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me right away Josh.

Any chance you could please provide some more information on how you set that field up in SFDC? Is it a lookup field or a formula field?

Thank you!
Robert_Stanley
Level 3

I know this is an old ask, but I was trying to do the same thing based off of Interesting Moments.  This is what I did:

1. Created a Smart Campaign with a Trigger --> Has Interesting Moment

2. Used the Filter "Has Interesting Moment" 

3. Added a constraint to that filter "Opportunity Owner Name" equals XYZ

4. Flow --> Send Alert to xyz@xyz.com

You can do this for each Sales rep.