Re: Can we stop SFDC sync for specific Marketo form?

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Can we stop SFDC sync for specific Marketo form?

Hope everyone is doing well. 

I had a question if there is possibility to achieve this. Can we stop SFDC sync for specific Marketo form?

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
13 REPLIES 13
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not unless that form uses proxy fields that are Marketo-only.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

What he said.

What's the use case Sant Singh Rathaur‌? 

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Hi Nicholas Manojlovic, we run some internal campaigns where we use marketo form/landing pages but we don't want this data in salesforce.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

I see - in that case, you might want to check to see if you have a 'Person is created -> Sync Lead to CRM' trigger enabled.

You control when leads that are created in Marketo are synced to SFDC. If you have this trigger enabled, anyone that fills out the form, including dummy/test/internal leads will end up in SFDC.

If you alter the trigger (for example, by excluding people with an email address from your company), then you'll be able to fill out the form and not have the data synced to SFDC. 

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Thanks Nicholas Manojlovic.. This is really helpful..  

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
SanfordWhiteman

Note once they've been synced, which can also happen automatically via SFDC campaign sync, this won't work anymore. 

Still sounds like proxy fields to me. If the fields are to be Marketo-only that's the only way to guarantee.

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Sanford Whiteman, Do you mean even if we forcefully exclude the SFDC sync for group of leads or from any particular form but still if fields used in the form are synced with salesforce then data will sync?

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
SanfordWhiteman

Do you mean even if we forcefully exclude the SFDC sync for group of leads or from any particular form but still if fields used in the form are synced with salesforce then data will sync?

I mean once a lead is synced, it's synced, and all the fields that are available to sync will do so.

There's still no such thing as suppressing fields on a given form from syncing. Whether a field will sync or not is controlled well outside of the form level. And any form post can update any available field.

Nor can you suppress people acquired via a given form, at the form level. You can, of course, make sure your campaigns have the same "business effect" as if there were such a setting, but there's still no setting... whether somebody syncs is entirely a matter of which Sync Lead flows they qualify for and/or which Synced Programs they get added to.

Joe_Schaeffer1
Level 2

For my own curiosity, what about a separate workspace/partition approach? Overkill for a single form (assuming OP is only talking about a single form, forever)?