Can we refresh the data structure of an environment without overwriting the programs?

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Can we refresh the data structure of an environment without overwriting the programs?

Is it possible to initiate a refresh of certain elements of an environment without destroying all of the marketing programs in the target environment?  Case in point: we'd like to refresh our UAT environment to make sure that the data structure is the same (some new fields have been added to PROD), we'd like to refresh the data in the database and we'd like to refresh some operational programs.  We don't want to wipe out anything in UAT that's not in PROD.
Robb Barrett
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can we refresh the data structure of an environment without overwriting the programs?

Which databases and systems are we discussing?

You can refresh SFDC Sandbox and Marketo Sandbox pretty easily w/o affecting production.

If you mess with the Production schema, you are playing with fire. I'd talk to Support or your SFDC Admins.
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Re: Can we refresh the data structure of an environment without overwriting the programs?

I want to copy down PROD into Sandbox.  My environments aren't in synch and I'm going to use my PROD as the official version.  So I need all of the back-end elements to be aligned - database, tags, data, etc.
Robb Barrett