SOLVED

Can we make a form "forget" the previous lead?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we make a form "forget" the previous lead?

We had created a Marketo form for sales to input leads, so that leads get tracked and tagged properly vs sales hand entering it in SFDC.

But it seems that if they don't put an email address, the leads get crossed and confused. Is there code I can put on the form or the landing page so that the form doesn't associate the data with the previous lead?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we make a form "forget" the previous lead?

Tracie:

This previous discussion may be what you are looking for. It provides the specific java script for achieving what you want, which I believe is a way to reset the person's cookie so that it correctly shows the current user's information.

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pil2AAC

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

yes, there is some javascript available for Forms 1.0.

Forms 2.0 has an option to disable "pre-fill"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should clarify. The form is empty (fields show up blank), but the system still thinks it's the previous leads' browser. I think it might be a cookie issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracie:

This previous discussion may be what you are looking for. It provides the specific java script for achieving what you want, which I believe is a way to reset the person's cookie so that it correctly shows the current user's information.

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pil2AAC

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I think that previous discussion will do the trick. I'll get our most technical marketing guy on it!