Re: Can we dynamically update program names?

Sarin
Level 3

Can we dynamically update program names?

We have a scenario where we would to dynamically update the program names (append some values)  - pick some values from the LP url or query parameters in the url or form field and add it to the program name automatically. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not without using the API.

But while adapting the Program Name to the URL of a Landing Page within the Program might make a bit of sense, it's not clear at all why you'd want to change the Program Name in response to user-supplied query parameters. That would be extraordinarily dangerous. It's giving random end users the ability to modify your Marketo assets. Why would you want to compromise the security of your instance in this way?

Sarin
Level 3

Thanks a lot @SanfordWhiteman for your reply 🙂

I got your point regarding query parameters (although we provide these parameters in the urls, these can also be modified by the user at their end so we cant control it)  and it makes complete sense what you are saying. 

Can we pick some value from the LP url and append this in the program name..Do you have any documentation on how this can be done using API?

Thanks in advance!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Get Program by ID and Update Program by ID endpoints and the Get Landing Pages by Program endpoint, to start with.

But I'd really like to hear where you're planning to run this code from, and what is the actual business goal here? Innovation is interesting, but I haven't any heard any concept like this in many years of working deeply with Marketo.