Can we avoid hard bounced leads from getting added to SFDC?

Kanako_Tone2
Level 2

Can we avoid hard bounced leads from getting added to SFDC?

Is there any way to avoid hard bounced leads from getting synced to SFDC?
We import lists and later send out emails against net new leads in the lists. We found out that there is handful of hard bounce and we wish to set up a flow like Send Email then Push to SFDC if it hasn't been bounced. 
We're aware that we can always delete them from Marketo and SFDC after the fact, but it'd be great if they haven't been added to SFDC from the beginning.

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can we avoid hard bounced leads from getting added to SFDC?

Kanako,

If these lists are imported into Marketo, the people will not automatically be synced to SFDC. If they are part of a program synced with SFDC or if they run through a "Sync person to SFDC" flow step then they will be synced. I would look into the activity history of one of these people and try to determine where and how they were synced into SFDC. Then you can adjust the sync to only sync those that have not hard bounced.

Kanako_Tone2
Level 2

Re: Can we avoid hard bounced leads from getting added to SFDC?

Devraj,

That's what I thought, but most of marketo programs are not tied into SFDC campaigns at the program level. I've identified a few smart campaigns based on the lead's activity history, but the campaigns don't have "Sync person to SFDC" flow step. I wonder what's causing them to get synced to SFDC...