Re: Can the GDPR Compliance Field be Progressive?

Alexandra_Gende
Level 1

Can the GDPR Compliance Field be Progressive?

GDPR question! I'm trying to figure out if a person from the UK submits a form and says YES to receiving marketing emails.

Is it necessary to have the GDPR compliance field every time they submit a form? Can the GDPR field be smart/Progressive based on if they already answered or not?

3 REPLIES 3
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Alexandra Gendes ,

I recently answered a similar query. Kindly refer to the same - URL given below.

GDPR: Opt in box for already subscribed persons?

As far as using progressive goes - If prior consent does not exist then you cannot use GDPR consent field as progressive ( Because data is getting captured) . If consent is given for a specific type of communication ( Single or double opt in) depending upon the region, then you don't need to ask for consent for the same type of communication. But if a form is being filled for a different type of communication, for example - newsletter vs case studies, then consent needs to be captured again.

There are several ways of tackling this situation. Kindly refer to the above article for further details. Hope it helps

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Alexandra Gendes ,

Did my above response answer your query? kindly let me know in case I can help you with any thing else.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Alexandra_Gende
Level 1

Yes Karan, thank you! 

I have an additional question. 

Would it be possible to use visibility rules to only show the GDPR field on the form if a person is located in the UK (for example)?

If so, would I be able to use inferred data in order to set that up? Is Marketo smart enough to determine the person's location before they exist in the system?