Re: Can't drag and drop to an email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't drag and drop to an email

I've run into this a couple of times and it seems to be random. I clone an email and then want to drag a new token or image/file on to the page and it will not accept it. (Get a circle with a line through it). Sometimes it seems to be where on the page, and sometimes it  won't accept it anywhere.

Any thoughts?  I've tried on Explorer and Firefox on PC
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Hi David:

Are you dragging this onto the email as you see it, or do you  have the editor open at that time?

You can't just drop it on the email as you see it. You can only drag it into the open editor.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nicole,
When I first click on the email I can "edit draft" or "preview". I am referring to the edit draft mode. Is that the "editor" you are referring to or do you mean being in the edit draft mode and then clicking on an editable section?

I'm getting the feeling I am mixing up what I can do on landing pages with what I want to do on an email. 🙂

David
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

You need to open the email with "Edit Draft", and then double click on the editable area. Once you see the editor, you can drag adn drop an image into the HTML section on the left.

Yes, landing pages are completely different. This has to do with the limitations of HTML in emails - most Email clients can only display very basic HTML.

On the landing pages, however, we can use drag and drop, because they are only viewed in web browsers - which are capable of displaying the HTML and CSS code it requires for dragging and dropping.