SOLVED

Re: Can't Retrieve SFDC ID with Bulk Lead Extract

Go to solution
Ben_Neal
Level 2

Can't Retrieve SFDC ID with Bulk Lead Extract

I'm attempting to copy/replicate Lead and Contact data from Marketo to a MySQL Database via API. I'm able to to successfully retrieve the data using the Bulk Lead Extract API (http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/bulk-extract/bulk-lead-extract/#filters) with the exception of when I retrieve the Salesforce record Id field (sfdcId) from the API the values that get returned are "null" despite the value existing in Marketo.

Am I doing something wrong here or is the Marketo API limited in this regard?

If this is a limitation in Marketo, isn't this a huge limitation? SFDC Id is the primary key for the authoritative source for Lead records and I'm unable to retrieve these values via API?

Thanks,

Ben Neal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Try sfdcLeadId (which retains original Lead ID for converted Leads) and sfdcContactId to get that information.  sfdcId is for internal use unknown to me but it's being denoted as having a type lead_function instead of string, which is probably why it doesn't return data over Bulk API.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Try sfdcLeadId (which retains original Lead ID for converted Leads) and sfdcContactId to get that information.  sfdcId is for internal use unknown to me but it's being denoted as having a type lead_function instead of string, which is probably why it doesn't return data over Bulk API.

pastedImage_0.png

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

This is a complete shot in the dark, but would it be possible to get more details on how sfdcId (and its corresponding lead_function data type) is used? I'm less interested in the overall Lead/Contact/Account ID as much as trying to understand what mechanisms let Marketo know to not deduplicate SFDC records--I'm guessing that's simply the presence of a sfdcLeadId/sfdcContactId but didn't know if sfdcId had any factor. Otherwise, I'm just assuming it's what figures out the data to pull when viewing a list with SFDC ID chosen as a column.