Re: Can't I set up a smart campaign to send an email to a lead after they fill out a form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't I set up a smart campaign to send an email to a lead after they fill out a form?

I'm certain this is possible, but I'm having a very difficult time getting it set up.

Here's how my program is set up:
  • Lead gets email
  • Lead clicks on link in email to go to landing page
  • Lead fills out form
  • Alert is sent to us notifying us form has been completed (This part has been successful...I get the alert just fine)
  • Email is sent to lead thanking them for filling out the form (This is the part that is broken...in testing, I'm not getting the "thank you" email)
In my smart campaign, I've got:
  • Smart List: Fills Out Form is: (form is selected)
  • Flow:  Send Email (thank you email is selected)
  • Schedule: Each lead can run through flow once (and it's activated)

Any suggestions on getting this fixed?

Thanks!
-Becky
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Elizabeth_Ragla
Level 2

Re: Can't I set up a smart campaign to send an email to a lead after they fill out a form?

Hi there,
Are these separate progressions? Also, be sure that all emails, all forms, all landing pages etc are approved. 

You might want to model your Smart campaigns like this: 

00 - Send (this will include smart list members you want and the flow step will simply be send email then change program staus)

01 - Recevied (Smart list for this will be trigger 'was delievered email" then filter for the email you sent this will make sure you know who actually got it, no bounces. flow step is to update their program status accordingly)

02 - Opens (same concept as before trigger is opened the email, then filter for the email you sent, flow step is to update program status)

03 - Clicks on link (same concept, trigger is clicks link in Email [the exact URL] flow step change program status)

04 - Fills out form (trigger, fills out form and to be safe add in the constraint and select the specific landing page that you are using in this email. flow step will be to send yourself an alert, send email to the lead and then update the program status)

05 - Received thank you email - if you want to go a step further you could do this

hope that helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use "each lead can run through the flow every time" if you're testing. Could be that you're only allowed to through once time. 

You could also put the thank you email in the same flow as the initial campaign, after the alert email instead of a separate campaign. That might help trigger the event; you could put the contraint on the "send email" that they filled out the form to ensure those who just clicked on the page aren't included.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I would make sure you are not Unsubscribed or Marketing Suspended as well. This can be mitigated if you make your "Thank you" email operational. You may want to do this regardless.