Can't Embed Form in HTML5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Embed Form in HTML5

Seriously... I am having a ton of trouble embedding a simple marketo form into an HTML5 document I have tried everything to get the form to actually show up, and the form should be activated so I can embed it. I have looked all over Stack Overflow and the forums and I can't find an instance of this happening. I have attached my code so maybe somebody can help me.

Also I am not new with code, but I am also extremely confused with how to modify the API of the form without using any CSS, do I have to modify and attach an external .js file to my website to make it work?

Please help, I am almost at my wits end trying to figure this out.

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can't Embed Form in HTML5

I don't see an attachment to your post.

Far better would be a link to your URL, though.

I'm also not clear from your wording whether you're using the Marketo Forms 2.0 embed code or trying some other kind of "embedding" (not advised).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the marketing 2.0 embed code, I have been confirmed that it is the right code to use, but it is not showing up

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Your embed code looks fine.  How are you trying to load the page?  If you're just opening it with a browser from the file system, then your scripts and such won't be served over the correct protocol.  You'll need to use something like WAMPserver or XAMPP to server the page locally over http.

SanfordWhiteman

Oh, I see now that attachments don't show up in Inbox view at all.  That sounds like an Idea waiting to happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So loading it locally on a browser wont show it up without simulating some kind of server? I know hosting it locally works though because I do have images showing up that are linked from other files, and it is pulling content from the internet (see the fonts being implemented from google)

SanfordWhiteman

Safe content will still load from file:/// URLs. Not all content will. So you should always develop against a real web server (http:// URL) even if it's something primitive like Mongoose (on Windows) or similar.