Re: Can't Edit Lead in SFDC Because Marketo is Touching?

Devan_Mairose
Level 2

Can't Edit Lead in SFDC Because Marketo is Touching?

Our sales team is having issues where they'll be updating a lead's information in SFDC, and then when they try to save, it says that "Shannon" is editing the leads. Shannon is our connection from marketo to SFDC, so what that says to me is that Marketo is updating the lead.

When I look in the activity history for the lead, there is NO record of marketo doing anything. Some of the instances they've noticed were NEWLY CREATED leads, which I can figure out why there was so much background processing on. The one example today was created yesterday morning, I can see no other activities and I was with the salesperson when he tried to update the lead and was told "shannon" was touching it.

Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Sounds like you have a delay starting to happen. Marketo could be struggling to keep up with changes in your SFDC. I've also ran into this situation in the past and it was due to an API delay with major changes in our SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Edward, you may have a backlog. I know Mkto support has a tool that can tell you how much of a backlog you have. How often do your systems sync? We had issues with that so we slowed the sync to every 30-35 mins.
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

Could there really be a 12 hour delay? There was no activity on the lead for almost 12 hours before the time that the sales rep was touching at the same time as marketo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do any mass updating in the past couple of days? It does sounds unlikely, but stranger things have happened. You may need to contact support so that they can dig in and see what is going on behind the scenes.
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

No I have not, and this has been going on for a while, I'll try support. Thanks!