SOLVED

Can local tokens be used for triggers/filters in Smart Lists?

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can local tokens be used for triggers/filters in Smart Lists?

If we define local tokens with a program/folder, can they be used for the values in triggers and filters - such as the one below?

0EM50000000RV7c.jpg
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_

Re: Can local tokens be used for triggers/filters in Smart Lists?

Basically, tokens cannot be used in Smart Lists in Smart Campaigns.  They can only be used in the following flow steps of smart campaigns:
  • Change Data Value
  • Interesting Moments
  • Salesforce Campaign Steps (add, remove, change status)
  • Create Task
But I also found another use for tokens: as variables within javascript.  This is useful since we have specific js included on a series of landing page that contains Forms 2.0 forms - and this page is used within an iframe on our website.  In order for the confirmation to open in the entire window (and not just the iframe), the javascript references the form ID.  I created a local token (FormID) at the program level, which then populates the variable/token used in the javascript.  Big time saver.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see anything wrong with your scenario in the image. 

Are you wanting to replace the URL with a token? If yes, you can certainly use tokens as trigger values. 

Since  it is local you'll  want to make sure that you build the workflow with in the same program

-Jeff 
Dan_Stevens_

Yes, that's the goal Jeffrey.  So I would be replacing the URL in the image above with something like {{my.visits web page URL}}.  So that's good to know.

The only way to add a token here is to go to the tokens screen and copy the token name, correct?  It would be great if we could have a token icon in the toolbar that would allow us to grab the token local to the page.  Maybe I'll submit an idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly right. Yes, it does not make it obvious! 
Dan_Stevens_

I spoke too soon.  So far, I have not had success in using tokens for these values.  Not only does this not work after testing the following scenarious, but it doesn't always provide the appropriate visual (red underline text / red lightbulb).  For example, it look liked it would work here (but didn't):

0EM50000000RVg3.jpg

And it was clear that it was not going to work here (produced a blinking, red lightbulb):

0EM50000000RVg8.jpg
Dan_Stevens_

Basically, tokens cannot be used in Smart Lists in Smart Campaigns.  They can only be used in the following flow steps of smart campaigns:
  • Change Data Value
  • Interesting Moments
  • Salesforce Campaign Steps (add, remove, change status)
  • Create Task
But I also found another use for tokens: as variables within javascript.  This is useful since we have specific js included on a series of landing page that contains Forms 2.0 forms - and this page is used within an iframe on our website.  In order for the confirmation to open in the entire window (and not just the iframe), the javascript references the form ID.  I created a local token (FormID) at the program level, which then populates the variable/token used in the javascript.  Big time saver.
Anonymous
Not applicable