Can dynamic content be used on guided landing pages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can dynamic content be used on guided landing pages?

Hey, I am trying to add in dynamic content on to a guided landing page but can't seem to get it to work. I have read these documents, but it still isn't allowing the content to move. Any suggestions or helpful tips would be great!

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+Segmentation

https://nation.marketo.com/docs/DOC-3432

The goal of the dynamic content is to be role based off of job type to show different content to each segment? TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can dynamic content be used on guided landing pages?

Hi Kari,

RTP is not the same as Dynamic Content on an Landing Page.

When you create a Page (Guided or not), you should have "sections" essentially created where you can add text or images, etc. When you click on that block, you can get a gear and say Make Dynamic, which then allows you to edit the displayed content by Default, by each Segment within the chosen Segmentation for that page. So you need a

Segmentation=Job Role

Segment=VP, CIO, Manager, etc.

Use Dynamic Content in a Landing Page - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Create a Guided Landing Page - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

there are likely more challenges with the Guided Page in terms of where the buttons are and how to get it to work just so.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Kari,

Once you build and approve your segmentation in the lead database, you should be able to create dynamic content on your guided landing page.

1. Create and approve your segmentation here:

pastedImage_0.png

2. On your landing page, drag the content area you would like to make dynamic from the "Static" section to the "Dynamic" section and choose your segment.

pastedImage_1.png

3. You can then adjust content in that section for each segment. EX:

Small business sees:

pastedImage_4.png

Mid-market sees:

pastedImage_5.png

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! Thank you, I needed to see it on a GLP. I was just not understanding how this all worked. Thanks Trevor, I appreciate the images.

Jason_Webber1
Level 1

The instructions don't apply to a guided landing page but to a free form landing page. I don't think you can add dynamic content to a guided landing page.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

GLPs can certainly use Dynamic Content.

You can't add totally new elements that don't exist on the template, of course, but that's the same with all Guided features.

pastedImage_1.png