Re: Can anyone recommend survey platforms that integrate well with Marketo?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can anyone recommend survey platforms that integrate well with Marketo?

We're in the early stages of evaluating dedicated survey platforms that will integrate with Marketo.  I know of one that's been promoted here in the community - 123FormBuilder - but the integration requires you to create custom fields in Marketo to capture the survey results within each lead record.  That's specifically what we want to avoid.  Otherwise, I can see our custom fields getting out of control.  Rather, I'd rather have the data stay on the survey platform and use a unique identifier (email address, MarketoID) to connect the two sets of data.  If anyone has recommendations, please share them here!
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

I'm sure there are multiple options, but we setup a survey recently using SurveyGizmo. We used an HTTP post to send info from SurveyGizmo to Marketo, which made it appear in Marketo activity logs the same as a Marketo form fillout. We iframed the SurveyGizmo form into a Marketo LP.

Lemme know if you have any questions!
Ashlie_Ketteman
Level 1

Do you have more information on how you connected these 2 platforms?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Dan R But that seems like exactly what @Dan Stevens is trying to avoid -- adding the form fields to the Marketo side (we've done the same as you with TypeForm in just the past week, by the way).

@Dan Stevens It's an interesting goal.  A bidirectional survey API (you would have to be able to query Marketo API and write back into the survey record with the Marketo ID) would be pretty awesome.  I'll see if I turn anything up.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Dan.  I've used SG before and actually prefer it over others like SurveyMonkey.  But this approach will require us to create custom fields in Marketo for every survey we create - which is what I want to avoid.  Appreciate your input though.
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

We've embedded SurveyMonkey surveys on some of our landing pages which helped us avoid having to create any extra custom fields in Marketo.

Tom Kerlin
Ashlie_Ketteman
Level 1

Ah - Do you have any experience with Survey Gizmo?

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

I do not. I'm doing some research myself on possible future directions with the platform. Do you recommend Survey Gizmo?

Tom Kerlin
Ashlie_Ketteman
Level 1

This is my first experience with it - not loving that it's taking a while to connect the http post. There doesn't seem to be a place to input the Form ID or Munchkin code - so I'm not really sure where to go from there. (It's also been a minute since I've connected a tool via http post 😕 )