Can anyone help with Div tags in email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help with Div tags in email

I am finding that my emails are showing the unsubscribe default footer at the top and to the right of my email header.  I was told to use div tags to fix it and that does not seems to be working.  Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?  Could I be using the div tags incorrectly?  I am creating emails by pasting in html code created elsewhere instead of using the editor window, in case that makes a difference.  Thanks! 

0EM50000000STal.jpg

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can anyone help with Div tags in email

From the image you've provided, it looks like your email template makes use of a table for layout. If this is the case you may not have closed a table cell at the end of your email, making it so that everything that appears after your content is nested inside a table cell.

I would recommend running your HTML through a validator like HTML Tidy:
http://infohound.net/tidy/
Anonymous
Not applicable

This definitely looks like broken HTML. Charles T is right, make sure all tag are closed so the unsubscribed content shows up at the bottom. 

Placing the html in a tool like Dreamweaver or Expression Web helps to find the missing html.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Charles for the tidy recommendation.  I ran the code and no errors were found.  Could I have done something wrong in using tidy?  Interestingly, this problem displays in Chrome and Firefox but not Safari.