SOLVED

Can Sync to SFDC Use Auto Assignment Rules be called more than once per lead?

Go to solution
Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

Can Sync to SFDC Use Auto Assignment Rules be called more than once per lead?

I was told that Marketo limits Sync to Salesforce with "Use Auto Assignment Rules" ONCE per lead.  That this would be the reason we are having problems with our auto-assignment...if this isn't even allowed, these leads would always stay in the first assigned location. I just find this hard to believe.  The Auto-assignment rules set up in sfsc by this company are putting "New/Open" leads into a Marcom Queue, then once they are MQLd, they should be moved to a Business Unit Queue, depending on the Business Unit.  This would require calling up the Use Auto Assignment Rules more than once.  Is this possible?  Are there limitations to this?

Thanks for your help here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Re: Can Sync to SFDC Use Auto Assignment Rules be called more than once per lead?

Hi Nancy Rosenthal,

If you are using "Sync lead to SFDC" with "Use Auto Assignment Rules" flow action, Marketo do not change the lead owner and the lead owner will be assigned only the time lead was created in SFDC. I have had same issue and there are two potential fix to this:

• Have a apex trigger in SFDC to re-run the lead through the lead assignement rule as soon as it become MQL, "OR"
  • Replicate the SFDC lead assignment rule in Marketo and use "Change Owner in SFDC" flow instead with "Add Choices" to re-assigne lead to appropriate BU when it beomesMQL.

Hope it will help.

Regards,
Amit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amit_Jain

Re: Can Sync to SFDC Use Auto Assignment Rules be called more than once per lead?

Hi Nancy Rosenthal,

If you are using "Sync lead to SFDC" with "Use Auto Assignment Rules" flow action, Marketo do not change the lead owner and the lead owner will be assigned only the time lead was created in SFDC. I have had same issue and there are two potential fix to this:

• Have a apex trigger in SFDC to re-run the lead through the lead assignement rule as soon as it become MQL, "OR"
  • Replicate the SFDC lead assignment rule in Marketo and use "Change Owner in SFDC" flow instead with "Add Choices" to re-assigne lead to appropriate BU when it beomesMQL.

Hope it will help.

Regards,
Amit

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

This is extremely helpful to know the limitation and understand the workaround.  This is what I was suspecting.  One more question, when a campaigns is synced with Salesforce, does this automatically assign a lead owner as soon as a new Lead becomes a member of the campaign? Or only when the call to Use Auto Assignment Rules is engaged.

Amit_Jain

When you sync a Marketo program to SFDC campaign, for new leads, Marketo first create the lead using the "Auto Assignment Rule" in SFDC and then create the campaign member. So if your program is already in sync with a SFDC campaign, you do not necessarily have to have "Sync lead to SFDC" flow action in smart campaign. Even it's a best practice to sync the leads through program-campaign sync as it saves a lot of API (if that's a limitation).

#sfdc campaigns#marketo sfdc sync#lead assignment

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI all,

Detailed answer to this is available here: https://nation.marketo.com/thread/28121

And a workaround (requires some APEX coding) is available here: https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/7524 Please vote!

-Greg