We are running into an issue where we are seeing duplicate lead records being created. Specifically, this is what we are seeing on our end:
1. A lead is created in Marketo (via form fillout, list import, etc.)
2. The lead is then added to a various programs in Marketo, e.g. nurture programs.
3. These programs are set up to sync directly with a Salesforce campaign.
4. A couple of days after the were created and first entered Marketo, we see a dupe record created.
5. Upon inspecting the Activity Log of the dupe record, we see that it was created in Salesforce.
See attached screenshots.
Any ideas on why this is happening? Is it actually related at all to SFDC campaigns or is there something else we are missing?
As the second dupe is coming from SFDC, the issue is to be looked for there. Especially,
You need to investigate whether the 2 dupes are 2 leads, 1 lead and 1 contact or 2 contacts. You also need to check what SFDC user is the creator of the second dupe. Unless a human being did it or if a specific SFDC trigger does it, SFDC cannot on it's own create a dupe.
The most common scenario for these is when a person is in contact with the sales (sales prospection, account Management, etc...) and in parallel navigates to your web site. The sales talks the the person and schedule a meeting. In preparation to the meeting, the person navigates your web site fills out a form and is pushed to SFDC as a lead. Then the sales meet with the guy and wants to create the contact in SFDC, but instead of searching for an existing lead, or because SFDC security model prevents the sales to see the lead, the sale simply creates a new contact.
Hi saw them, but it does not tell what's happening in SFDC, so except to prove that the second duplicate comes from SFDC, they are pointless.
The two records are both leads.
We believe we have identified a possible third party that is integrating directly with SFDC and pushing leads into SFDC directly. We are investigating it as the cause of the duplicates.