SOLVED

Can Marketo sync with a SFDC Developer Demo Org instance?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Marketo sync with a SFDC Developer Demo Org instance?

As I understand it, SFDC has 3 types of instances:  Prod, Sandbox, and Developer Demo Org instances

Can Marketo sync with Developer Demo Org instances?

Thx,

Mike
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Marketo sync with a SFDC Developer Demo Org instance?

I agree with Kenny: it is safe to map production SFDC to production Marketo and respective sandboxes. 

The sandbox allows to switch OrgID when it is refreshed from production. There is no counterpart for the developer instance.

Negotiating an additional instance with Sales could be an option, using that exclusively to synchronise the development instance. A sandbox is a safer choice. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Mike,

The Marketo sync will work with developer instances.  This is not recommended however, as you cannot subsequently sync it to a new SFDC instance at a later time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Kenny: it is safe to map production SFDC to production Marketo and respective sandboxes. 

The sandbox allows to switch OrgID when it is refreshed from production. There is no counterpart for the developer instance.

Negotiating an additional instance with Sales could be an option, using that exclusively to synchronise the development instance. A sandbox is a safer choice.