Re: Can 'Marketing Users' Abort an Email Program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can 'Marketing Users' Abort an Email Program?

I just read about the released the new "Abort Email Program" feature... 

I know I can abort an email campaign since I have Admin rights, but need to know if Marketing Users have the option as well.  Is the abort option available across all user types?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Rebecca

6 REPLIES 6
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I believe 'abort' would be applicable for anyone who actually has the ability to execute a campaign. If you haven't edited your 'marketing user' profile, this should include those people. Having used the abort button before, it doesn't work as quickly as you'd like on smaller campaigns. But essentially, to answer your question, you need to check your profile settings!

Josee_Archer
Level 2

I believe that if you can edit and approve an email, you have the right permissions to abort emails, especially because once a campaign is sending, if you make an edit to the email, it automatically aborts.

As Kristen mentioned, it depends on how your roles were set-up. Each account can set the user roles and permissions based on their own organization's needs. If you have permissions, you should be able to go into "admin" and under "users and roles", a "roles" tab will appear. Click there to review your role setting and/or edit them as necessary.

Here's some information on managing roles (if you are an admin with access to this): Managing User Roles and Permissions - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your responses.

Josee:

We have a different setup at our organization where I have 24 Marketing Users, but only 3 Admin users that control email activity (of which I am one of them).  The Marketing Users can build the email, but Admin must "approve" and "schedule" it.  Users do not have approval and scheduling capabilities.  With that in mind, I wasn't sure if Users can abort an email that has been 'scheduled' in the case Admin is not available.

I need to check with Marketo directly to get a definitive answer.  Appreciate your response.

Josee_Archer
Level 2

I agree to reach out directly to Marketo. I don't think you can abort based on the user permissions you shared in your reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rebecca,

Have you solved this problem? What was the answer from Marketo?

Thanks,

Victor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Victor:  The only people that can 'abort' are Admin users.  Anyone with other roles can't unfortunately.  ~Rebecca