Can I use one Munchkin code for two separate domains?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I use one Munchkin code for two separate domains?

I have two sites: www.company.com and www.companydesign.com. Can I use the same munchkin code that's on company.com and just drop it into companydesign.com, or do I need to go through the entire process of setting up a CName, etc?

4 REPLIES 4
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Can I use one Munchkin code for two separate domains?

Hi Jessica,

The same Munchkin code can be used on separate domains without additional setup. However, its important to know that the Munchkin cookie is placed at the domain level, which means leads are not *automatically* tracked across domains.

For example, if a lead has made themselves known at company.com by filling out a form there or arriving there from a Marketo email, then they will still be tracked as an anonymous lead at companydesign.com until they also make themselves known there by filling out a form or arriving from a Marketo email. Once they have made themselves known for the second domain, visits at both domains will be associated with the same lead.

Grant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! So we will be sending out an email shortly from company.com that will introduce the launch of companydesign.com and will have a link to the new site. If they click that link and land on the page, will that lead be tracked under  companydesign.com since that's the link they clicked, under company.com since that's where the email was sent from, or neither since it's cross promoting?

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Munchkin code will be loading from companydesign.com, hence they will be tracked as a known lead on companydesign.com.

The From/Reply-To of the email doesn't matter, only the final destination of the clickable link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, thanks!