Re: Can I use Acquisition Date token in Wait Step?

Will_Warren
Level 2

Can I use Acquisition Date token in Wait Step?

Hi All,

I would like to create a wait step that makes the lead wait 10 days from their Acquisition Date. I tried to use the {{lead.Acquisition Date}} plus 10 days token in the wait step but it did not work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Will

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 7.22.57 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

what's your trigger for this campaign? Presumably lead acquisition is roughly the same as lead created, so why not just wait 10 days? or am I missing something?

Will_Warren
Level 2

We are using a list that already exists and each person has a different acquisition date.

JD_Nelson

I don't think you can wait based on the acquisition date -- however you can create another date field, have the acquisition date populate to it with a basic 'change data value' trigger, then have a wait step based off that:

Screenshot 2018-01-05 08.40.00.png

Will_Warren
Level 2

I just tried to do a change data value and used the {{lead.Acquisition Date}} token in the date field. It didn't do anything. Is there another way to change the data value?

JD_Nelson

Ah, yes - seems to be the same issue that the wait step won't filter on that as well. You said you had a list to upload of acquisition dates, right? Might I suggest adding a second column that will also put that date in the custom date field you created? That would accomplish the same thing.

Will_Warren
Level 2

I think that may be what we do. I'll let you know how it works out. Thank you for your help on this!