Re: Can I track leads and ics links clicked in email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I track leads and ics links clicked in email?

I have created an email with a few links of training dates (see attached screen). Each link is an ics token. When user clicks on any one of these links, the event will be added to their calendar automatically. Is there a way I may also record who (name and email address), and which trainings (links) they click on in any reports?

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Pls close out the other thread with the same question first.

SanfordWhiteman

OK, thanks for closing that.

The answer here is that any such link will be tracked by default when sent to a known lead.  You'll see Clicked Link in Email a.k.a. Click Email activities

I don't really recommend direct download links (as opposed to taking somebody to a web page first) for other reasons, but this is built-in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I sent a test email and I clicked on one of the linked dates. The email report does not show the click. Should I set the filter of the smart list using "Clicked Link in Email"? like what the attached screen show?

SanfordWhiteman

You have to send a real email, not a sample.

Check the Activity Log for the lead first.  Don't go straight for reports, that's just adding more work before you know exactly what you're looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I now see the entry is recorded in the activity log of the lead. But how can I create a report that has the names and email address of all the registrants?

SanfordWhiteman

Build a Smart List as you were doing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did create a smart list which shows the list of leads who clicked on the email. Since I have 3 links in the email, can I also track which link(s) each lead clicked.