SOLVED

Can I set up a/b testing if I have a Event Channel campaign?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I set up a/b testing if I have a Event Channel campaign?

Hi,

We have a workshop and we want to drive people to the signup page. So I create an Event and a smart campaign to send people emails to invite them to go to the registration page.

I can't figure out how to set up A/B testing for those email? Do I need to change this to an Email Campaign instead of an Event?

Any help is appreciated.

Patrick
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Can I set up a/b testing if I have a Event Channel campaign?

Hi Patrick, for an email send you shouldn't need to have a landing page set up... Do you want to just calculate at the end which email performed better, or do you want the ability to see which will perform better based on a send to a segment of your database and then send the winner to the rest?

If you just want to calculate at the end, I'd suggest 2 separate send smart campaigns, one for each subject line. You can split your database 50/50 using these directions, and then send to each of the two lists.

For the challenger/champion style, that's where the Email Programs shine. There are plenty of articles on using them here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Patrick, you can create a new local asset within the Event of an email send instead of the sending smart campaign. Then you can set up the A/B test.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory, thanks for the fast response. From what I see, I need to have a landing page setup for this. I don't 😞 I just have a static page (on a 3rd party website).

I just wanted to see if a certain subject line gets more opens and clicks than another. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!

Patrick
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Patrick, for an email send you shouldn't need to have a landing page set up... Do you want to just calculate at the end which email performed better, or do you want the ability to see which will perform better based on a send to a segment of your database and then send the winner to the rest?

If you just want to calculate at the end, I'd suggest 2 separate send smart campaigns, one for each subject line. You can split your database 50/50 using these directions, and then send to each of the two lists.

For the challenger/champion style, that's where the Email Programs shine. There are plenty of articles on using them here
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! Thanks. That helps a lot.

Patrick
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how do I measure in one program the digital effectiveness of email  (deliveries, CTR's, doing A/B testing, etc...) as well as number of people attending an event like a workshop? As I see it, I either setup a program as an Event or an Email (or an Engagement). How do I do both?