Re: Can I set the cadence per email and not the overall stream?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I set the cadence per email and not the overall stream?

Is there a way to set the cadence per email in an engagement program instead of the entire stream? For example my new lead stream has 6 emails, the 1st 3 I would like to send 24 hours after the previous, while the following 3 could be 48 hours after the previous. 

Sorry if this has been answered, new to Marketo 🙂
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

You could do this with multiple streams and transition rules, but not on a single stream.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use programs in the stream instead of emails.  In the flow of the campaign, you can then use wait steps to control the cadence.  You would set the stream cadence to every day.  
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would recommend Matt's suggestion to pull the leads into a second stream with a different cadence.

You could do Cheryl's suggestion, but know that Programs will run independently of the Stream Cadence, so it could be possible to have overlapping emails which may not be your intention.

Cheryl - do you have a screenshot for what you mean? I'm sure you have it set in a way to avoid the independent issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a screenshot.  Doing this does require planning.  You would do the following:
  • Set the cadence to run every day.
  • In the program's campaign, put a wait step as the first flow action, then the send email flow. 
    • Remember the cadene will run regardless of the flow set up in the program's campaign
      • Example, if you want the first email to go out on day 2 and the next email to go out on day 5 you would have a 2 day wait step on the first program and a 5 day wait step on the 2nd program.  
  • The lead would run through a program every day, but would then be in the wait step
  • So it's important that you calculate very carefully so that there is no overlap
Hopefully this makes sense!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't seem to find where the transition rules are. I've looked at the step-by-step guides and our account doesn't seem to show this tab.  I'm building this in our sandbox, so maybe thats why?

0EM50000000RmMd.jpg