SOLVED

Can I send the same email to different groups, on different days, within an email program?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I send the same email to different groups, on different days, within an email program?

Hi,
I am attempting to send the same email on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to 3 different groups (Tuesday-Group 1, Wednesday-Group 2, and Thursday-Group 3) and then the following week I want to send the same email to those groups that did NOT open it, over the same 3 day period. My groups are 3 segments. Can I do this in an email program or would it be better to use a default program? Which is going to give me greater reporting capability? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I send the same email to different groups, on different days, within an email program?

Hi Amanda, 

I would just use smart campaigns within the default program and then make sure you use the filters/triggers to make sure that someone doesn't recieve the same email more than once. 

For example: 
Smart campaign 1: Send "email" to group 1 on Tuesday.
Smart campaign 2: Send "email" to group 2 on Wednesday and add filter saying did not receive the email from the previous campaign
Smart campaign 2: Send "email" to group 3 on Thursday and add filter saying did not receive the email from the previous 2 campaigns

Then do the same steps as above for resending the emails, I have realized that adding that last filter is important even if you do not think there is an overlap within groups, just to ensure you don't keep sending the same email to the same person.

A default program, I believe, is the only way you can accomplish sending and resending emails within 1 program. With triggers so you can set them up beforehand and they will be sent out automatically, where as with the email program all the emails are sent at once wtihin the program, unless you are doing an A/B test.  The only way to use email programs would be to create seperate programs and schedule them to go out. However, email programs have better reporting. So I guess it depends on how automated you want the emails and what you are trying to accomplish. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I send the same email to different groups, on different days, within an email program?

I'd stick with the default program. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would I set up the emails to send on a specific day within the default email blast program?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amanda, 

I would just use smart campaigns within the default program and then make sure you use the filters/triggers to make sure that someone doesn't recieve the same email more than once. 

For example: 
Smart campaign 1: Send "email" to group 1 on Tuesday.
Smart campaign 2: Send "email" to group 2 on Wednesday and add filter saying did not receive the email from the previous campaign
Smart campaign 2: Send "email" to group 3 on Thursday and add filter saying did not receive the email from the previous 2 campaigns

Then do the same steps as above for resending the emails, I have realized that adding that last filter is important even if you do not think there is an overlap within groups, just to ensure you don't keep sending the same email to the same person.

A default program, I believe, is the only way you can accomplish sending and resending emails within 1 program. With triggers so you can set them up beforehand and they will be sent out automatically, where as with the email program all the emails are sent at once wtihin the program, unless you are doing an A/B test.  The only way to use email programs would be to create seperate programs and schedule them to go out. However, email programs have better reporting. So I guess it depends on how automated you want the emails and what you are trying to accomplish. 

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Kristen!