SOLVED

Can I provide a serialized coupon via an email upon completion of a form?

Go to solution
Joy_Missey
Level 1

Can I provide a serialized coupon via an email upon completion of a form?

We have a promotion coming up where we want to capture new customer data. When the customer fills out a form we want to send them an email with a serialized coupon that we have in a table (database). These numbers have to be unique or we would just write a single number into the email. Is this possible in Marketo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can I provide a serialized coupon via an email upon completion of a form?

If the database is web-accessible, then you can pull a coupon code off a stack using a webhook (the database maintains a pointer/index to the next code so it knows to go down the list).

If you only have a raw text file/CSV, you can still have a webhook pull a code and maintain the next index internally.

I also expounded at length on the possibilities of doing this without a prefab list of codes in this blog post​.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

If the database is web-accessible, then you can pull a coupon code off a stack using a webhook (the database maintains a pointer/index to the next code so it knows to go down the list).

If you only have a raw text file/CSV, you can still have a webhook pull a code and maintain the next index internally.

I also expounded at length on the possibilities of doing this without a prefab list of codes in this blog post​.

Joy_Missey
Level 1

Thank you Sanford! This is extremely helpful. We will look into a webhook as the list is provided to us from another system.

SanfordWhiteman

Great, if you could mark my answer as correct for the future...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joy,

If you have these promo codes generated by some system other than Marketo, you can write a web hook yourself. Or use a service like Bright hooks.

check out

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/generate-unique-promo-code-each-member-marketo-campaign-mba/

Rajesh