SOLVED

Re: Can I link something to the Web Version of my email?

Go to solution
Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Yes. Do you think we can do that with the app? Or should we go with the approach of generating the email for a dummy lead, and use that link. I feel it may not be a safe option since it could impact the tracking of the user who clicked on this tokenized links. What do you think?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can definitely do it with ShareMaker (that's what it's for). Just wanted to check b/c if you can do something without an app, all the better.

If you send me an email (non-sample) from your Marketo instance, I can show how to make ShareMaker links for your environment.

Shelby_Heath
Level 1

I'm curious about ShareMaker. I put my email into the form on this page but haven't received anything yet. 

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Shelby,

Embarrassed to say that page is dormant -- so dormant that I can't even get signup notifications for it (I wish I could but, long technical story, I can't). 

The ShareMaker service is still running, though, and even though there was ~0 interest, I have no plan to turn it off.

If you zap me an email via my contact page (see my blog) I'll talk to you more about it. I am technically on vacation, though, so it'll have to be Monday.

Nik_Crosina
Level 1

I got this to work QUICKLY and as an EMERGENCY solution only by copying the weblink via a right click on a TEST SEND of the email.

We had the Mrketing director request a link to an email to customers that he could share in messages on linkedIn.

It looks uglhy, but because it contains the tokens correctly the link will work. I just hopoe that Marketo does not have any mechanisms built in to prevent it from working when it doscovers the the same token string / URL parameters are being used within a whole global region ?!!

It sometimes is too smart for its own good!!

And not hackable enough, wihtout being the Marketo super-expert

Munlawin
Level 1

Like you, had to get an emergency link up and your method worked!

Glenn M Munlawin